Nothing compares to a tasty, ice-cold beverage on a hot summer day. As the weather heats up this summer, treat yourself to some cool and refreshing ways to enjoy your favorite brew.
Keep your iced coffee full of flavor with coffee ice cubes
Instead of dropping ice cubes into your coffee cup, try pouring coffee into your ice cube tray. Coffee ice cubes from the freezer will keep your iced coffee chilled without watering it down, preserving the flavor and consistency of your favorite Tayst coffee. If you prefer your iced coffee to stay sweet, just sweeten and add your choice of milk or creamer to your coffee before pouring it into the ice mold.
Treat yourself with rich homemade coffee ice cream
Want to cool off with homemade coffee ice cream but have no ice cream maker? No problem!
No-Churn Coffee Ice Cream
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 hrs
Total Time: (includes chilling) 5 hrs 10 mins
Author: The Nut-Free Vegan
- 6-oz. cans coconut milk (high fat coconut milk works best and helps avoid crystallization)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong coffee brewed and chilled
- Place cans of coconut milk in the freezer 10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pan and place in the freezer.
- Stir every 20 minutes for the first hour and return to the freezer. Freeze overnight.
If you have an ice cream maker, feel free to churn in your ice cream churn, just follow the manufacturer’s directions.
For a fun summertime drink that will keep you mellow and relaxed, try the Caribbean-inspired Nightcap, a blend of decaf coffee, rum, and tonic.
- 2 oz Gosling’s Gold Seal rum
- 2 oz Cold-brew coffee*
- 1/2 oz Grade A maple syrup
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- San Pellegrino tonic water, to top
- Garnish: Orange peel
- Add all ingredients except the tonic into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a highball glass over large ice cubes.
- Top with the tonic and stir gently.
- Garnish with an orange peel.
- We recommend our Defiantly Decaf blend for the Nightcap.
There are endless ways to enjoy Tayst all summer, and every season of the year! If you need help deciding which blend is right for you, check out our Sampler Box and enjoy exploring all we have to offer.
Whether you brew one of our eco-friendly cups for a morning cup of coffee, create a refreshing frozen dessert, or cap off your night with a cocktail, there is at least one that’s sure to become a favorite any way you want to enjoy it.